Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Whole Blessed New Year!

Happy New Year


I am fixin' New Year's Day dinner, and only have a moment, but wanted to put down in writing that all my friends would all be surprised to know how often you cross my mind, and how dearly I cherish God's blessings for you---every one of you...

What a difference a year makes! 2008 has been so much better than the year preceeding it. Even 2007 had its good and beautiful moments---Stuart's graduation, Chisum and Erin's wonderful wedding! What an incredible grace that has been for us all. So good to have dear Erin in our family!

2008 had a few problems---my health is worse, but Seguin's is SO much better! Stuart has had to work her butt off in vet school, but she got in! and Forrest is Out of the Army!

2009 is already shaping up to be beautiful---starting with Our Rachel's baptism in two weeks, and her Wedding to Crockett three days later! I'm baking cakes and choosing frostings. Such a happy time!

I am so grateful for the continued happiness of Chisum and Erin, who seem to be more crazy about each other with ever day, for Forrest's new status as a civilian and his wonderful pilgrimage to Europe, for Crockett's new life with dear Rachel---what are the odds of people even FINDING each other these days?---for Stuart's increasing interest in her chosen field and for the good friends who get her throught the hard days, and for my baby Seguin's lupus remission and for her renewed resolve to trust Our Lord and herself, and to put bad things behind her.

Most of all, I'm grateful for my Dennis. I know that he is a saint, and if you knew all that he has carried throughout his life, all the sacrifices he's made, you would know it as well. I ask God's blessing on him, and may he receive gratitude and admiration from his family here, and glory in Our Lord's Kingdom forever.

God bless you all.

Happy new year, and a blessed Feast of the Circumcision!

No comments: