Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I got to keep the babies this week.  Sweet little things.  They are so sweet when they are young.  They have the tenderest little smiles and looks and kisses and hugs.  "I love you, Dammuvver," and they really do.  I don't know why.  I feel like all I ever do is correct them and say "No", so I don't know why they love me.  I would be tempted to say they are merely scared, but I don't think they could fake those first-thing-in-the-morning kisses and hugs...

I sometimes wonder if we lose that along the way through overbearingness and arbitrariness, but some of the most interfering, controlling and plain dam' mean people I know still have the love and respect of their adult children, so I think that isn't it.  I don't know what anyone can do except to do their best...ultimately, you will be at the mercy of someone else either because you have nothing or because you don't want to hurt them...But babies are wonderful and right.  I wonder why people are so niggardly regarding procreation...there ought always to be room for the little ones...

No comments: